Never be ashamed of the scars life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed, you endured the pain, and God has healed you.
1. They tell a story – Your scars tell a story. They leave others wanting to know more about you. They’re there as a reminder of what you’ve been through and what you’ve overcome. They express how you handled a situation and insist on the fact that you survived.
2. They signify strength – A scar shows how strong you are. How strong must’ve been to overcome that one hurdle in life. They prove that you fight for the life you want. Against whatever that may have been.
3. They resemble time – The color of your scar resembles the amount of time it’s had to heal. The amount of time you’ve had to heal. Keeping watch over the healing process of your scar indicates how far along you’ve come since it became it became a part of your skin.
4. They raise awareness – Scars are a great way to raise awareness for a variety of causes. Not all scars have to be physical to make a difference.
5. They add character – They show that you have overcome something.
6. They educate you, and others around you – talking about them can help others learn from your experiences.
7. They give others hope – Your scars are an indication of hope, in many ways.